Are you passionate about building and leading successful IT transformations at Fortune 100 companies or within the Public Sector? Do you love leading an enterprise Customer through a variety of projects involving IT strategy, distributed architecture implementation, and hybrid Cloud operations? Can you lead world class teams that drive breakthrough business outcomes using new IT deliver models?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Public Sector, we’re hiring next generation enterprise Leaders to work with our top-tier global customers and their partners in transforming their enterprise IT landscapes. As a Principal Consultant in the Federal Financials Practice you will engage with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, design reliable and cost-effective hybrid cloud infrastructures, create transition plans and develop business cases to justify the programs. Our engagements include projects covering thousands of applications across tens of thousands of servers and involve developing a shared vision, leading the customer through the challenges of cloud adoption, demonstrating the reality of the vision and then enabling them to achieve full operational integration.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
· Engaging with C-level executives to define Enterprise cloud strategies.
· Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking Enterprise challenges.
· Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
· Architecting hybrid AWS and on-premise solutions for technology clusters and patterns.
· Establishing shared IT service centers for Cloud operations.
· Cost/Benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases for migration.
· Generating AWS migration roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organization structures.
· Collaborating with consulting and managed services partners to build and execute migration plans.
· Getting feedback from common Enterprise requirements into AWS service development teams.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
For more information, visit For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/federal/
· At least 10 of years of experience delivering technology solutions to Public Sector customers to enable technologies and cloud services
· A Bachelors degree; Masters/MBA/PhD degree preferred.
· 15+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations
· US Citizen
Preferred Qualifications· Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
· Delivering IT Strategy & Consulting services at the highest level
· Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes).
· Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications.
· Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
· A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
· Proven experience migrating production enterprise applications to Public and Private Cloud
· Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA.
· Demonstrable knowledge of Federal Civilian Sector IT Trends
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.