The AWS Professional Services Security, Risk and Compliance team works with our largest enterprise customers to help them securely operationalize the shared responsibility model as they migrate to the cloud. Our Security Automation Team is looking for security-minded and automation-obsessed DevOps consultants to join us and help us continue to raise the security bar for our internal and external customers. We develop services and tooling to accelerate our customers journey while minimizing their operational risk by pursuing an unwaveringly high operational excellence bar. We are looking for consultants to help us develop and integrate our solutions.
The ideal candidate loves to learn and invent. As members of AWS Professional Services we are not stewards of a single service, but of the entire AWS platform and keeping abreast of the ever-widening stream of platform improvements and new products. You don’t need to be a “security person” if you’re willing to learn; but our domain is customers and their security, in any and all forms. The candidate should come prepared with an understanding of OO software design, maintenance and implementation experience in a Linux environment, preferably in Java, Python, Ruby and/or Node. Experience with web services-based applications especially at Internet scale and in a DevOps environment, are very applicable and helpful. Experience with authentication and/or authorization systems or cloud infrastructure tools is also particularly helpful.
* Build flexible systems choosing simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones.
* Operate in all facets of development, anywhere in the stack from UI to Service.
* Work directly with our customers to integrate, invent and improve our products.
* Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, within team, external groups and customers.
* Actively participate in hiring and mentoring the very best.
* Encourage and support knowledge-sharing within team and external groups.
Basic Qualifications• 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Preferred Qualifications· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
· Proficiency in the DevOps style of software deployment
· Proficiency in driving a security focused software development lifecycle
· Experience writing security or compliance software
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical trials
· Working knowledge of cloud computing technologies and workload transition trials
· Implementation knowledge of enterprise security controls or governance, risk, and compliance software packages
· Experience supporting security engineering, operations, or systems integration.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.