AWS Security is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to support strategic initiatives, business intelligence and strategic communications in security and privacy.
This TPM will work with cross-functional teams comprised of technical and non-technical stakeholders to define strategy and interpret, communicate, and drive full lifecycle security projects. You will partner with Security, Legal, Marketing, Policy, and service teams to identify, evaluate and address business needs, challenges and opportunities impacting the business. If you enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment and influencing the strategic direction of a global program, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
The ideal candidate should have a successful history of identifying trends that influence future investments, and acts as an influencer. This role requires you to operate at scale while delivering the needs of a challenging and dynamic environment. You should know how to prioritize, communicate clearly and compellingly (both in written and oral formats), and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence within a strong team.
You are passionate about the security of the cloud and you want to solve real business problems. We are looking for leaders who like to solve problems, and remove obstacles. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. Because of your high judgment, you can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach to build trust.
– Build a framework that enables better accountability and managed outcomes
– Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups
– Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
– Scope, plan, implement and deliver security/privacy projects and programs, and collaborate with peers and senior leaders to align with strategic vision and goals
– Drive projects cross functionally, build partnerships with other organizations, and work proactively with teams to ensure security objectives are met
– Drive, mature, and improve organizational practices and outcomes
· 6+ years of information security experience
· 6+ years of program management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
· 5+ years of experience with engagement and working with security stakeholders
· Prior experience with industry security and maturity frameworks and how to translate those into activities that help protect Amazon and our customers
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent experience
· Strong understanding of how to drive remediation efforts at scale and in ways that “move the needle”
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple concurrent cross-functional projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
· Proven security knowledge on security governance, risk and compliance
· Ability to identify gaps and deficiencies in processes and procedures and recommend corrective actions
· Experience with a variety of qualitative and quantitative risk analysis methods
· Skilled in risk management, business risk analysis and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
· Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
· Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management
· Excellent leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills
· Experience with security analytic techniques and strategies
· Strong understanding of how to prioritize activities based on risk
· Must be data driven with a passion for our customers
· Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, problem solve, and make decisions in complex situations
· Proven ability to take ownership, self-motivated, and deliver results in highly ambiguous environments
· Proven analytical and quantitative analysis skills
· Excellent oral and written skills with demonstrated performance history as an effective communicator, including with senior and executive leaders
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.