AWS is seeking an experienced Alliance Manager to help develop and execute a partner go-to-market strategy for VMware Cloud on AWS – Public Sector. The Alliance Manager will collaborate with senior leaders from VMWare, AWS, and our collective partner bases to support and accelerate the worldwide VMWare Cloud on AWS sales motion, including sales process and deal flows. The person in this role will be responsible for developing and managing a partner universe while executing sales strategies to secure deals that will exceed account acquisition and revenue goals. The person will also be responsible for assisting team in developing sales process and deal flow.
As a Public Sector Alliance Manager for VMware Cloud on AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to build and deliver our strategy to build mindshare and adoption of Amazon’s hybrid service across AWS’s most strategic business partners and their customers.
The ideal candidate will possess a unique business and partner development background that enables them to engage at the CXO level and a sales background that enables them to easily interact with Enterprise customers and sales/field reps. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about public contracts, product and process components, and to build and convey compelling partner value propositions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
· Work with Strategic AWS /VMware partners to define and execute high impact, joint sales and go-to-market programs for VMware Cloud on AWS service.
· Manage and work closely with AWS partner development managers and partner sales managers to drive sales engagements between VMW on AWS partners and AWS sales teams.
· Serve as a key member of the VMC on AWS team in helping to define and deliver the joint solutions and supporting collateral.
· Engage the Partners’ field sales organization, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for VMware Cloud on AWS.
· Build partner incentive programs that drive consumption and utilization and that scale worldwide.
· Create and execute a strategic business development plan for target markets with assigned Partners, and ensure alignment with the AWS strategic direction and working with key internal stakeholders.
· Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
· Ensure the Partners are successful using VMware Cloud on AWS and associated AWS services and have the technical resources required to deliver against customer needs.
· Provide Partner feedback to internal product development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
· Communicate to AWS Partner teams, field sales, solutions architects, business development and other interested in parties in partner’s capabilities and successes.
· Prepare and give periodic business reviews to the AWS senior management team.
· Work with AWS partner solution architects to help assigned partners to define go to market solution offerings utilizing the AWS service portfolio.
· Work with VMC Sr. Manager to develop an enterprise account solution strategy at all levels – business units to C-Suite.
· Accelerate customer adoption of VMware Cloud on AWS for worldwide public sector.
· Identification and prioritization of opportunities in the field. Developing and driving strategies to win opportunities.
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years of related experience with progressive responsibility in business development, strategic partnerships, alliances or solution sales management
· 3+ years of experience building a partner territory strategy to ensure that short and long- term goals, objectives and quotas are met
· 5+ years of experience working with cloud economics: TCO and commercial models, their cost structure and value drivers; make‑buy analysis
· 5+ years of related experience working with key technologies and trends in the cloud domain: hybrid cloud operating models, VMWare, AWS etc
Preferred Qualifications· 7+ years of Strong Channel Management Experience
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and demonstrated analytical skills; ability to work effectively across internal/external organizations
· Relevant real‑life experience with hybrid cloud solutions (workload-defined private and public clouds)
· Experience presenting and articulating complex concepts to cross-functional audiences, including CIOs/C-Suite
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age