The AWS Training and Certification organization educates customers, partners, and AWS Employees globally on AWS products, solutions, and best practices. We are seeking a talented and experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to help us develop reporting solutions and processes to support the analysis and reporting of metrics for the AWS Training and Certification organization.
As part of the AWS Training and Certification (T&C) Business Intelligence and Data Analytics team you will develop data and reporting solutions to provide insights into the KPIs and metrics that drive the organization. We are looking for someone who will help create automated reporting processes, develop data structures for reports, build insightful dashboards, and deliver data insights to our teams across the globe. The right candidate will be passionate about working with large datasets and should be someone who loves to bring data together to answer complex business questions that deepen our understanding of our business drivers. As a Business Intelligence Engineer within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver our strategy to build a scalable reporting infrastructure that will broaden AWS’s penetration in the cloud computing market.
The ideal candidate will have a background in data warehousing (SQL, ETL techniques, data modeling, Redshift, etc.) and business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau). A successful candidate should have the technical proficiency to query data in a Redshift data warehouse environment, structure data to be leveraged within business intelligence tools, and be able to develop insightful reports that are delivered to business stakeholders.
· Serve as a key member of the AWS Training & Certification Business Intelligence and Data Analytics team by supporting all reporting requests from global operations, helping procure new data streams (from both internal and external sources), and ultimately turn data into actionable insights by building meaningful reports.
· Conduct analysis, perform analysis, and prototype new metrics that will be shared with the Operations Team and executive stakeholders
· Leverage internal tools including Tableau and AWS Redshift to deliver data-driven recommendations, tools, dashboards, reports, and findings to internal stakeholders.
· Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary.
· Support cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of projects and initiatives.
· Drive small to medium projects that help build AWS into the most customer-centric platform.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology, or a similar discipline
· 5+ years of relevant work experience as a business intelligence engineer or data engineer role
· 5+ years of experience in SQL programming
· 4+ years of experience in building data warehouses and dimensional modeling
· 4+ years of experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
· Experience with ETL tools and processes
· Experience with on boarding and developing data structures
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree in Business, Technology, or a similar discipline
· Ability to distill problem definitions, models, and constraints from informal business requirement
· Experience with supporting enterprise business analytics
· Experience with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
· Experience administrating Tableau Server
· Experience with Redshift
· Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.