**This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.**
Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical consultants to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
· Be great fun to work with at AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
· Enjoy working with Intelligence Community customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of Intelligence Community customers.
· Blends skills in sales, presenting and scoping with implementation, building and delivering
· Uses visionary thinking to challenge existing assumptions and design bold solutions
· Optimizes processes using tools, repeatable solutions and automation
· Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
In this role as an experienced cloud architect/developer, you will work with our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
**For additional information or to send your resume directly, please email Olivia Black at firstname.lastname@example.org**
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years of experience in application or database design, development, and implementation.
· 3+ years of hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
· 2+ years of practical application development experience on Linux or Windows-based systems and scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Powershell, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)1+ year of experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
· Technical degree required or equivalent work experience
· Ability to travel to AWS offices and client locations as needed (up to 50%)
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Preferred Qualifications· 10+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, software, DevOps and networking
· Hands on programming skills in multiple of the following: Java, .NET (C#), Python, Node.js, Ruby, C/C++, or Scala;
· Hands on development skills with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB);
· Extensive experience designing and developing applications in an AWS Cloud environment;
· Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to work effectively across organizations;
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability;
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges;
· Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with technical personnel regarding design, development and architecting best practices;
· Experience diagnosing performance problems and tuning code, SQL, and deployment architectures to improve performance;
· Experience migrating applications from one OS to another (ex. Solaris to Linux) or from one database to another (ex. Informix to Oracle);
· Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, etc.;
· Experience with unit or automated testing tools (e.g. Junit, TestNG);
· Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation;
· Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, or Ansible);
· Integration of AWS cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.;
· Extracurricular software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor);
· Advanced degrees in information systems, engineering and/or business; and
· Understanding of Federal Government application, server, and network security requirements such as ICD 503, FISMA and FedRAMP.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.