Are you a Senior Infrastructure Architect and a subject matter expert in compute? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale compute challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new compute technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing web services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy innovating? Do you want to influence industry? Do you find it rewarding to educate colleagues and customers? Do you want to learn the very latest in cloud technologies and apply them to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world? If so, AWS is looking for you!
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS infrastructure architects and specialists, as well as being brought in as the compute expert to meet with customers and partners. This position is for a highly technical Subject Matter Expert that can dive deep, work with customers, and work with internal teams to design next generation cloud and hybrid IT architectures.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and have hands on experience in traditional physical server and virtualization as well as cloud compute technologies. Experience working with customers is required to demonstrate and explain solutions that have been implemented. Customer meetings may include customer roles across developers, IT professionals, managers, and executives.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
Basic Qualifications· AWS knowledge with in depth implementation experience with EC2, Autoscaling, Spot Instances, Lambda, HPC and GPU
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
· 10+ or more years of Architecture experience
· Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
· Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
· Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
· Infrastructure automation through scripting/coding (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
· Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
Preferred Qualifications· Hands on experience implementing Docker based architectures using ECS, EKS, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm etc. Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
· Hands on experience implementing serverless architectures using AWS Lambda, SAM or similar
· Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
· Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
· Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
· Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with customers as well as internal and external organizations and virtual teams
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age