Are you a Senior Infrastructure Architect and a subject matter expert in Networking? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale secure connectivity challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new networking technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing web services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy innovating? Do you want to influence industry? Do you find it rewarding to educate colleagues and customers? Do you want to learn the very latest in cloud technologies and apply them to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world? If so, AWS is looking for you!
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS infrastructure architects and specialists, as well as being brought in as the networking expert to meet with customers and partners. This position is for a highly technical Subject Matter Expert that can dive deep, work with customers, and work with internal teams to design next generation cloud and hybrid IT networking architectures.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and have hands on experience in traditional local and wide-area network technologies, network overlay/virtualization technologies, and software defined network design patterns. Experience working with customers is required to build, demonstrate and explain solutions. Customer meetings may include customer roles across developers, IT professionals, managers, and executives.
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years of experience architecting and implementing enterprise-scale networks
· 5+ years experience with network virtualization and/or software defined networks
· 5+ years of highly technical and analytical IT experience
· Experience with IPv4 and IPv6 protocols and standards
· Working experience with BGP, MPLS and Ethernet technologies
· Hands on experience implementing AWS services such as: EC2 Load Balancing, VPC, Route 53, Direct Connect, NAT Gateway, VPN, EC2 Networking, Transit Gateway, Global Accelerator
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications· An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
· Practical experience with computer network security
· Experience with large-scale, distributed applications
· Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
· Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with customers as well as internal and external organizations and virtual teams
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age