Are you a Senior Infrastructure Architect and a subject matter expert in storage? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale storage and data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new storage technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing web services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy innovating? Do you want to influence industry? Do you find it rewarding to educate colleagues and customers? Do you want to learn the very latest in cloud technologies and apply them to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world? If so, AWS is looking for you!
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS infrastructure architects and specialists, as well as being brought in as the data and storage expert to meet with customers and partners. This position is for a highly technical Subject Matter Expert that can dive deep, work with customers, and work with internal teams to design next generation cloud and hybrid IT data and storage architectures.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and have hands on experience in traditional SAN and NAS technologies as well as cloud/object based storage. Experience working with customers is required to demonstrate and explain solutions that have been implemented. Customer meetings may include customer roles across developers, IT professionals, managers, and executives.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years hands on experience with designing, configuring and managing on-premise SAN and NAS platforms as well as successfully implementing storage with major cloud providers in addition to migrating storage from on-premise SANs and NAS to cloud storage
· Hands on experience with AWS object, block and file storage and demonstrated knowledge of AWS Storage Services such as S3, EFS, FSx for Windows, FSx for Lustre, SFTP Transfer for AWS, Snow* devices, AWS Backup and Storage Gateways as well as ISV/IHV storage solutions built for or on AWS
· 5+ years of hands on experience with Tape and related infrastructure, inclusive of tape to cloud migration
· 10+ years of hands on experience with backup and DR tools
· 5+ years of creating and implementing solution architectures and guides for storage that combine cloud technology with ISV/IHV products to create a complete end customer consumable solution
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications· Demonstrated understanding of the storage landscape with the ability to articulate storage industry trends and players to leadership team and how they positively or negatively impact AWS storage interests
· Deep solutioning and implementation skills – Ability to work backwards from customer requirements to combine AWS storage assets if needed with partner assets to create and implement solutions that will resonate with customers and solve their storage problems
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with customers as well as internal and external organizations and virtual teams
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age