Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for Migration Technical Leads to Are you an experienced Oracle/SQL*Server Platform Specialist? Have you worked on Open source Database platforms like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB or Casandra? Have you migrated Applications from one Database Engine to another? Do you like to engage with senior leadership and determine ways to optimize the IT Platforms & Infrastructure? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new platform technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help organizations understand and use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost?
AWS is hiring Senior Consultants to help our strategic customers migrate thousands of databases and applications to the cloud. You will be playing a key role in accelerating these cloud migration capabilities to meet massive customer demand.
You will collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects in order to migrate Applications from Oracle/SQL*Server databases to Aurora-PostgreSQL/MySQL or other Open Source platforms.
This is a highly technical position for someone who can dive deep, build cloud-optimized architectures, develop business strategies, and influence our product roadmap by working closely with AWS engineering teams. The ideal candidate is as comfortable white boarding complex software architectures with a roomful of engineers as they are briefing an executive audience.
Our professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as high volume OLTP/OLAP environments, batch data processing, designing and deploying future state petabyte-scale data warehouse service and building and/or designing reference configurations to enable our customers and influence AWS RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB and Redshift adoption.
· Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation
· Work closely with AWS Platform Service Engineering and Architecture teams to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
· Work directly with customers’ technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
· Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
· Analyze on-premises database environments such as Oracle, SQL*Server, or other Commercial DB Engines to Open Source Engines like Aurora-PostgreSQL/MySQL or RedShift, DynamoDB.
· Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
· Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
· Extended travel to customer locations may be required to sell and deliver professional services, as needed up to 80%
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
· 12+ years of experience in Oracle or SQL*Server
· Experience in Open Source Database Technology Platforms such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
· Basic knowledge of AWS Platforms and Services
· Experience with C-Level/Director level customers in IT/Business to craft their Enterprise Architecture and IT Strategies
· Ability to lead client specific strategic engagements involving customer/partner teams
· Experience with migrating database environments from one platform to another
· Experience working with high availability and server tuning including parameters, resources, contention, etc.
· Relevant Application/Database replatforming experience (Commercial to Open Source Engines)
· Experience with Custom/COTS Applications and their implementation/maintenance is highly desired
· Experience with TCP/IP Networking a plus
· Experience with databases of 1-10TB in size across multiple database platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Netezza, Teradata, Vertica, etc.) desired
· Experience in ETL/ELT workflow management desired & ability to write, tune SQL queries desired
· Experience in writing complex PL/SQL or PL/PgSQL, stored procedures is highly desired
· Understanding and ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, business analysis, configuration management and quality control desired
· Experience in a range of migration discovery, profiling, migration, and operations technologies and tools
· Depth in various migration techniques such as rehost, refactor, rearchitect, replatform, repurchase, etc.
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
· Experience with Agile execution, cloud migration factory
· Experience assessing and building cost models, migration patterns, resource model, project plan, and business cases
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Substantial exposure to application programming
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation