As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Customer Solutions Manager you will be responsible for helping guide one of our largest government global account customers along their multi-year journey to the cloud. In this new, highly visible, role you will be ensuring that all AWS teams are working together effectively and efficiently to deliver outcomes for the customer. You’ll work on things like; planning and supporting major workload migrations, helping prioritize new AWS feature requests, tracking AWS commitments and deliverables, ensuring the successful transition of projects into support, reporting progress to customer and AWS leadership, and driving collaboration between the other core account groups (Sales, Support, Solutions Architecture, and Professional Services) to delight our customers every day.
You will work with all account stakeholders and apply solid program management methods for assembling project teams, scoping work, identifying the appropriate resources, assigning and tracking responsibilities, setting milestones, developing schedules/sprints, and report progress/exceptions along the way. You will make a strong business cases for project prioritization and investment. You will assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be detail driven, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be exemplary communicators. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence the team’s decisions and drive secure and robust solutions. You will evangelize AWS services and influence customers to allocate appropriate resources for adopting them. You should not only be passionate about delivering great customer service and deploying AWS solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the day-to-day management of the success of customers migration to AWS.
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years leading complex IT programs with large-scale impact.
· 5+ years working with U.S. Federal customers.
· 2+ years in a client facing role within a Federal Program.
· 1+ years of direct experience implementing cloud services.
· Demonstrated ability to work across cross-functional teams to deliver complex IT solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree in STEM field, or equivalent experience.
Preferred Qualifications· AWS Certification: either AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or Certified Solution Architect, Associate.
· A proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
· Ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· PMP or related project management certification, or equivalent experience.
· Experience with Agile methodology.
· Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
· Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customers to meet unique customer requirements.
· Fluency and comfort with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project.
· The ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment, as well as a rapid work pace.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age