Are you interested in helping customers implement innovative cloud based DevOps solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing and enterprise/software development automation technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and guide a project to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Be part of our Professional Services team!
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of cloud migration and cloud adoption projects using the DevOps model for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We view the DevOps model as a combination of cultural philosophies, practices, technologies, and tools that helps organizations deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity. We’re obsessed about delivering strong success for our Customers, and use DevOps models, practices, and tools along with expertise from across the AWS organization to provide customers with the best possible outcomes.
The Senior DevOps Architect is a leader with significant technical, automation, and programming experience throughout the full lifecycle enterprise SDLC. This role leads our enterprise customers through large technical, organizational, and SDLC transformations. A successful DevOps practitioner has technical depth across the full DevOps and Software Development spectrum, along with leading and evangelizing transformations and driving innovations.
We are looking for people that have:
· A strong understanding of enterprise scale automated software development using current tools. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on technical DevOps expert and have past experience working as a consultant. With AWS, you will keep your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones as you lead DevOps discussions and proof of concept buildouts for customers. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and hands-on design exercises to create world-class cloud solutions built on AWS.
· A background of deep technical expertise supporting customers by building and managing enterprise-scale DevOps platforms, including code repositories, automated build and testing tooling, automated deployment tooling, containerization technologies, and general automation of infrastructure, provisioning, and configuration management functions.
· A comprehensive understanding of enterprise software development tools and methodologies, including typical enterprise application architectures and the ability to write scripted or compiled application and automation code.
· A mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of AWS services and offerings.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Domestic travel to customer sites may be required (30-50%)
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years experience as a hands-on technical specialist in software development, enterprise systems administration/engineering, and/or DevOps platform administration/engineering.
· 2+ years experience supporting customers by building and managing enterprise-scale DevOps platforms, including code repositories, automated build and testing tooling, automated deployment tooling, containerization technologies, and general automation of infrastructure, provisioning, and configuration management functions.
· Demonstrated experience with software development tools and methodologies, including typical enterprise application architectures and the ability to write scripted or compiled application and automation code with programming languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, C, C++, and C# or other equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications· Experience with CloudFormation, TerraForm, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes in production environments.
· Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
· Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, AWS X-Ray, and APM tools.
· Experience with development and automated testing.
· Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture.
· Experience ensuring DevOps pipelines and software development process complies with required security standards.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements.
· Familiarity with administrative tasks within popular operating systems.
· Demonstrates ability to work in a diverse team
· Experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.