Do you want to work on planetary scale security solutions in the cloud? Are you skilled at helping customers build threat detection and incident response capabilities using highly scalable computing architectures? Are you excited to help customers automate security operations giving them unprecedented capability and agility? Do you enjoy working on fast-paced complex projects focused on game changing business outcomes for customers globally? As a member of the AWS Professional Services Global Security, Risk, and Compliance Practice you will have the opportunity to pioneer technically excellent security solutions supporting customer initiatives that are meaningful to their business. Building on those experiences you’ll collaborate with AWS service teams on new features, innovate with new technologies, and explore new challenges.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Independently contribute to teams that include Amazonians, partners, and customers to build and deploy threat detection and incident response capabilities.
• Design, build, and deploy solutions to automate security operations and incident response on AWS.
• Independently contribute to internal builder projects to develop new consulting engagement models and capabilities for customers.
• Become a deep technical resource that earns the trust of customer stakeholders before, during, and after a security event.
• Develop high-quality content, such as automation tools, reference architectures, and white papers to help our consultants, partners, and customers build on the work that we deliver.
• Innovate on behalf of customers by translating your thoughts into action-yielding results.
• Mentor and invest in our consultants, partners, and customers to raise the bar for our customers.
• Periodic on-call required.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
Basic Qualifications• 10+ years of experience in technical IT security or related job role
• 3+ years of threat detection or incident response experience
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
• Hands-on technical expertise in technology, security, automation, implementation, integration, and/or deployment.
Preferred Qualifications• Hands-on technical expertise in building scripts, tools, or methodologies that enhance customers’ threat detection and incident response capabilities.
• Technical expertise in designing, building, and operating enterprise security solutions, such as WAF, IPS, Anti-DDoS, and SIEM.
• Interest and/or experience in big data storage, processing, and analytic methodologies and techniques like relational databases, NoSQL, ETL, business intelligence, Hadoop, data science, or machine learning.
• Demonstrated understanding of what it means to draw out customer needs and deliver practical outcomes addressing those needs.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical matters clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
• Experience managing customers during a security event, including managing customer expectations and delivering results.
• Experience presenting security related findings to stakeholders or executives.
• Detailed knowledge of incident response workflows and processes.