Are you a Data Analytics specialist? Do you have data lake, data warehousing and/or Hadoop experience? Do you enjoy applying data science techniques to query, analyze, and visualize data? Are you interested in using Machine Learning (ML) to solve challenging problems? Would you like a career that gives you an opportunity to help Universities, Colleges, and K-12 Schools use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest data lake and analytics technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to grow with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical Solutions Architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our Solutions Architects will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support internal solution development. This role will specifically focus on Data and Analytics capabilities and helping our Education customers leverage data.
The primary responsibility of this role is to work directly with customers to understand their business problem, and help them implement data lake, analytics, and ML solutions.
This position requires travel up to 50%.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
· 10+ years IT experience.
· 6+ years hands-on experience implementing ETL, streaming data systems, data lakes, data warehouses, and/or Hadoop platforms.
Preferred Qualifications· Masters or PhD degree in computer science, or related technical, math, or scientific field.
· Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects.
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
· Strong working knowledge of deep learning, machine learning and statistics.
· Hands on experience building models with deep learning frameworks like MXNet, Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch, Theano or similar.
· Experience in using Python, R or Matlab or other statistical/machine learning software.
· Strong communication and data presentation skills.
· The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience with statistical modelling / machine learning.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
· Ability to think creatively and solve problems.