Are you a Storage Technical Specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale storage challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new storage technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing web services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Gather technical requirements and formulate storage solutions – Collaborate with customers to deeply understand their technical requirements, business requirements and budget. Formulate appropriate solutions by providing solution diagrams, architecture and documentation to customers.
Deliver storage demos and Proof of Concepts (POCs) – Collaborate with Storage Specialty Sales team (SSR) to deliver customized demos and POCs to customers . This involves understanding customer requirements and then tailoring specific demos and POCs to fit the customer needs.
Trusted Technical Advisor ¬ Win the confidence of both the customer and the SSR as their trusted technical advisor. Propose solutions in the best interest of the customer in partnership with the SSR.
Partner and AWS field training – Provide deep technical training to partners and AWS field SAs to educate them on AWS storage offerings.
Customer advocacy & assistance – Engage directly with the top customers and partners to assist with solution adoption. Relay feedback to the services team on experience and what improvements should be made.
Establish tech cred. with AWS, customer and partner technical community – Be viewed as the domain expert for the solution by AWS, partners and customers. Document, capture and share feedback with technical community.
This position can be located virtually near a major airport or at an Amazon office in the following locations: Northeast United States
Travel expectations: 30% – 40%
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years as a Storage Sales Engineer, Storage Field Applications Engineer or Storage Solutions Architect in a customer facing technical role.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of AWS Storage solutions and products.
· 2+ years of experience with communicating technical value of cloud/object storage, storage gateways or cloud backups with Azure/AWS/GCS.
· 2+ years of experience with creating and curating storage demos.
· 2+ years of hands-on experience managing storage environments in an IT department and then transitioning to a career in sales engineering with a major storage vendor.
Preferred Qualifications· 2+ years of experience presenting to IT Director level including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
· 1 + years working with at least one of the following AWS Storage products or services – EFS, FSX, SFTP Transfer for windows.
· 2+ years of experience with Visio to create solution diagrams.
· Ability to captivate technical audience with delivery, powerful demos and depth of storage knowledge.
· Familiarity with Tape and related infrastructure, inclusive of tape to cloud migration.
· Demonstrated understanding of the storage landscape with the ability to articulate storage industry trends and players to leadership team and how they positively or negatively impact AWS storage interests.
· AWS Solutions Architect certification along with a storage certification from a major storage vendor such as Dell/EMC, NetApp, Oracle or HDS
· Deep “solutioning” skills -Ability to work backwards from customer requirements to combine AWS storage assets if needed with partner assets to create a solution that will resonate with customers and solve their storage problems.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age