Do you have the user experience design talent and customer-obsession to innovate the AWS Educate member experience for students preparing to be successful in the cloud-enabled workforce and the educator community helping those students gain cloud skills? AWS Educate is looking for a driven, talented UX designer with an engaging portfolio to enhance our member experience. Launched in 2015, AWS Educate is focused on building bold initiatives to accelerate the integration and application of Cloud content and tools into classrooms around the globe. AWS Educate members include universities, community colleges, and high schools – and the educators and students from these institutions.
You will collaborate with our global product, membership, content, and business teams to explore, create, and refine the ways in which our students, educators, and other members engage with AWS Educate. The ideal candidate has experience in digital enterprise products or learning products, with strong ideation skills, robust systems thinking, deep attention to detail, and passion for making difficult tasks into simple and delightful experiences for customers.
Collaboration and ownership is essential, requiring you to be a great communicator, and successfully present and align the Educate team. Additionally, you must be able to work with ambiguity and deliver designs that elevate the Educate member experience as a whole.
· Lead design of useful, usable, and desirable products. Work with product leadership in planning and goal creation.
· Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
· Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
· Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
· Develop design system, personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
· Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
· Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
· Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
Basic Qualifications· 8+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or full stack product designer.
· 4+ years of experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wire-frames for complex web applications
· 2+ years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of design
· An online portfolio demonstrating samples of enterprise work and design process is required to apply for this role
· Bachelor’s degree in design or commensurate work experience
· This role can sit virtually if a candidate can commit to at least 25% travel monthly to Herndon, VA.
Preferred Qualifications· Bachelor or Masters degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree
· Experienced in delivering UX solutions for projects of large scope, ideally in education space.
· Experience developing design systems, style guides, and pattern libraries.
· Experienced in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles, techniques and patterns
· Experience in performing user research or gathering quantitative customer data to help drive design decisions and improvements (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research)
· Strong verbal and presentation skills to influence senior level leaders
· Experience designing complex workflows for consumer end-users
· Experience designing for learning products is a big plus