This position can be located remotely or at a US Amazon office in the following locations: Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Illinois, Indiana.
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Do you have the development expertise necessary to position Amazon as the technology platform of the future? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to lead our global program efforts to accelerate government, education and non-profit customer adoption.
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for design, development, testing, and deployment of critical customer facing cloud based web applications. A successful candidate will have a very strong background in developing web applications with exceptional programming and problem-solving skills.
As an experienced Software Development Engineer you will:
· Get an opportunity to build new capabilities in existing solutions and build new software from scratch keeping technical debt low and quality high
· Work at as many levels are necessary: the single-page webapp, REST service layer, background architecture including DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, EC2, and several others
· Automate the operation of systems to scale horizontally and operate at high availability
· Establish technical vision for automated testing and deployment
· Work closely with product team on new features and product vision
· Mentor and grow junior engineers in the team
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 4+ years building production software
· Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and systems architecture skills
· 3+ years’ experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experience with leading Java script frameworks like React.js and node.js
· Experience with AWS services
· Excellent verbal and communication skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.