The AWS Activate team is looking for Software Development Engineers who want to change the way we help Startups get started in AWS. We are obsessed with building tools and applications Startups need to be successful at AWS. We strive to bring new tools, features, and innovations to the Startup community.
We are building applications that will use modern architectures, new services patterns, and exciting technologies to ensure we are meeting our customers expectations for performance, availability, and features.
We value diversity in backgrounds and believe writing software is a learning process and that innovation is driven by learners, not knowers. As we deliver for our customer, we strongly encourage work-life balance, personal, and professional growth.
We are looking for motivated and skilled developers with the drive and enthusiasm to build ground-up applications for startups.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) OR commensurate experience.
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Preferred Qualifications· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Experience developing in a Linux environment
· Knowledge of microservice architectures
· Knowledge of SOA architectures
· Understand CI/CD practices
· Knowledge of AWS Services and building services in AWS
· Can deliver daily standup status’ in a derivative Shakespearian style (preference to pre-Richard III, but not post-Othello)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation