Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 245 countries around the world. The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training & Certification team is seeking a driven, talented, and experienced AWS Solutions Architect to advise on the technical accuracy and clarity of certification exam questions and to support the development of custom software solutions and integrations for the development, delivery, and maintenance of AWS certification exams.
In this role, you will join a team of Solutions Architects that help assure certification question accuracy for existing and new certification exams. As an AWS subject matter expert, you will advise question writers with technical expertise and acumen for exam development and provide leadership for certification exam evolution and new exam development. You will leverage your development expertise to architect and develop the next generation of certification development and delivery tools and help automate manual processes. Where applicable, you will leverage and apply AWS Machine Learning services to assist in maintaining certification exam integrity, detect fraud, and provide predictive analytics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Participate in managing, monitoring, and developing technical certification exam questions
· Design and management development of internal applications to support exam development, maintenance, analytics, and fraud detection
· Recommend ways to incorporate Machine Learning technologies into internal applications
· Maintain the technical bar for a cadre of expert technical question writers
This is a virtual position; candidates must live in the Continental US or Canada.
Travel may be required up to 25% of your time.
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years’ experience in infrastructure, networking or database architecture
· 3+ years experience architecting and operating solutions on Amazon Web Services
· 3+ years experience deploying and developing applications on AWS
· 1+ years experience writing Infrastructure-as-Code using CloudFormation
· Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, Python, or NodeJS
· Bachelors/Technical degree required: Computer Science or Engineering desired
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional OR AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
Preferred Qualifications· Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment on AWS
· Experience in writing applications that leverage a combination of NoSQL and relational databases on AWS
· Experience building rich data-driven web applications
· Technical question writing experience
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role