Would you be excited to build and lead a dynamic team of Solutions Architects – bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to help with the difficult cost and agility problems facing educational customers?
Do you have a knack for helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Do you excel at explaining how technical solutions can solve business problems? Do you have the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect Manager to manage a team of Education Solutions Architects (SAs) and to be a hands-on leader-by-example. You would help accelerate our growing K-12 Education business as part of the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team. This is an excellent opportunity to join AWS’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies in the world today.
As the K12 Solution Architect Manager within AWS WWPS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS’s web services within educational institutions.
The ideal candidate will …
· Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
· Have great management skills. You will help hire and lead a team of SAs, and must have great people management, mentoring, and hiring skills. You will assess the strengths of your team members, guide them in setting, achieving, and surpassing their goals, and help them to develop professionally to the next level of excellence. You will do all that while yourself maintaining an active personal engagement in the same kind of work at the same kind of high level that you expect from your team.
· Have a strong understanding of large scale cloud computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working in a technical management role in a sales organization with prior experience as an architect and systems or software engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones, to the point that you can not only contribute to but lead deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud.
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• 8 years of software design and development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience in relevant markets
• 2 years of technical management experience, including a minimum of 1 year in a technical management role in a sales organization
• Minimum of 4 months cloud computing experience using publicly available services
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
· A technical background in engineering, computer science.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Experience leading and growing a team of technical resources
· Direct experience working with public sector accounts.
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
· Demonstrated organizational and presentation skills.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
· The right person will be highly technical and analytical and have experience with software design and development and/or IT and networking experience in relevant markets.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. Executive speaking and presentation skills including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
· Management experience with small or mid-sized technical teams, and a positive and mentoring management style suitable for hiring and retaining the best talent. Experience hiring and managing a team of top-notch technologists.
· Business understanding of cloud computing as a fundamentally disruptive technical and business strategy; market analysis; cost benefit analysis.
· Advisory/consulting experience with educational institutions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.*
** For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **