Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly skilled and motivated Data and Analytics Specialist Solution Architects to help accelerate the growth our customers need for their businesses in World-Wide Public Sector (WWPS). You would be part of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cloud computing technologies to enable leaders that want to serve customers more effectively. You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to help customers better leverage AWS Data and Analytics platforms to meet their innovation agendas.
Amazon strives to be the most customer centric company on earth. The ideal candidate will…
· enjoy working with customers and partners.
· have great communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to impress AWS customers at any level, from executive to developer.
· have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building Big Data and Analytics cloud computing systems for some of the largest and most important accounts to drive efficiencies and increase innovation.
· enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones enabling you to lead deep Big Data and Analytics architecture discussions.
· be happy to roll up your sleeves, learn the deep details of AWS systems, and generally do what it takes to achieve technical success for customers on the AWS platform.
· develop and run technical workshops, prove our technology through mechanisms like demonstrations, proof-of-concept projects.
As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
· Collaborate with AWS field sales, Solution Architects, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and understand the capabilities and value of AWS Big Data and Analytics services such as AWS Glue, Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Amazon Athena, Amazon Kinesis, and Amazon Redshift, in addition to other offerings that form the Data and Analytics ecosystem.
· Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating consulting proposals and designing relevant data solutions.
· Push the envelope – Cloud computing is reducing the historical “IT constraint” on businesses. Imagine bold possibilities and work with our clients and partners to find innovative new ways to satisfy business needs through Data/Business Intelligence cloud computing.
· Build the Community – Develop and cultivate a community of Big Data and Analytics experts, sharing ideas and best practices. Coordinate efforts around IP development, evangelism and thought-leadership events relating to Big Data & Analytics.
· Provide thought leadership to Big Data and Analytics experts both externally through events like AWS Summit Series and User-Groups.
Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
The candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be a “trusted advisor” to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to database experts, software developers, IT pros, and system architects. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
You must have deep technical experience working with technologies related to big data and analytics. You will be familiar with the ecosystem of software vendors in the big data and analytics space, and will leverage this knowledge to help AWS customers in their selection process.
Candidates must have great communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to impress AWS customers at any level, from executive to developer. Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required, provided you have experience building large scale solutions. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers at customers, partners and AWS service teams, influencing their roadmaps and driving innovation.
If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on the cutting edge of technology, we would love to have you on the team.
This role covers the US region and regular travel will be required. The candidate may be based in Herndon, Seattle, Austin, or San Francisco.
· Deep understanding of Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem. Experience with tools such as Flink, Spark, Sqoop, Kafka, Oozie, Zookeeper, HCatalog and Hive
· Familiarity with SQL-on-Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark SQL, and/or Presto
· Current hands-on implementation experience required, possessing 5 or more years of IT platform implementation experience.
· Solid understanding of Cloud Computing Technologies and related emerging technology
Preferred Qualifications· An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics or equivalent experience
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to lead effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams
· Proven experience in a consultative technical sales or professional services with a proven track record of success.
· Ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to senior executives
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
· Track record of thought leadership and innovation around Big Data.
· Experience working with customers across the common challenges they face
· Deep understanding of the types of analytical systems, and when to use each of them
· Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects.
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
· Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps
· Experience designing and implementing AWS big data and analytics solutions in business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
· AWS Certifications – AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty desired
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation