This position may sit in the following locations either remote with close proximity to an international airport due to travel requirements or at a US Amazon office: New York/New Jersey, Virginia, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Illinois, California. Virginia, New York/New Jersey, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Illinois, California
Do you have a passion for healthcare and genomics technologies? Are you an expert in how health and genomics systems can use cloud technology to improve quality, reduce cost and enhance their patient and provider experience? Do you have expertise working with healthcare providers and payers as well as government health and medical research institutions to optimize the consumer health journey? Do you want to help shape the technology that is used by healthcare and genomics companies and government health and research institutions across the globe and work closely with them to drive innovation across the industry? Do you thrive in a cross-functional environment, working closely with some of the best and brightest in the world? Are you a highly creative problem solver that works to inspire, motivate, and define cutting edge solutions? Can you adapt quickly to new situations, identify opportunity, and build capabilities? Are you able to speak both the language of business and the language of technology? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a highly motivated Genomics Specialist Solutions Architect to work with our public sector customers to help them successfully leverage the AWS platform to transform their business.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture, and product teams to develop the internal genomics expertise needed to deliver results. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, work with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
· Engaging with customers across healthcare and research organizations to deepen our relationships.
· Working with strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events to drive thought leadership, leading the process to guide our healthcare and genomics solutions, and creating significant business opportunities for AWS Public Sector.
· Work closely with the AWS Public Sector sales, solution architect and professional services teams and engage healthcare and research and genomics organizations to help map clinical/operational, Genomics, and analytics and population health workflows to AWS workloads.
· Help develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including areas like Electronic Health Records (EHR), interoperability standards adoption (such as Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (or FHIR)), precision health, genome sequencing, advanced AI analytics for population health and digital therapeutics.
· Work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by healthcare, Genomics and research customers globally.
· Evangelizing Amazon’s Culture of Innovation, identifying, synthesizing, capturing, and sharing common customer patterns, partnering with customer tech leaders, including CIOs and CTOs
· Serving as the AWS executive technical sponsor for strategic customer initiatives, driving technical capabilities aligned to business strategy, guiding customers on their cloud journey
· Contributing to and helping publish content that supports scale, standardization, and repeatability, and understanding and participating in Public Sector acquisition activities, including technical guidance and demonstrations.
Basic Qualifications· Education- BS, MS, PhD, or MD with specialization in bioinformatics, genomics, computational biology, computer science or related biotechnology field with a computational emphasis; interdisciplinary exposure preferred.
· 7+ years of experience in bioinformatics, biostatistics, genomics, or statistical genetics, in either academic or industrial settings.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in performing genomics sequence analysis using popular tools such as SAMtools, BWA, STAR, and GATK.
· 3 + years of software development experience in Java or Python (pandas and numpy is a plus).
· 1 or more years of experience demonstrating proficiency in Bash scripting in Linux/Unix environment.
[WLP1]Calling out software development as distinct from programming. We want someone who has experience building user facing tooling and applications because they will be interacting with customers who are software engineers as well.
Preferred Qualifications· Ability to influence and guide strategic thinking and be perceived as trusted advisor
· Experience working with healthcare and genomics customers, or interacting with clinicians and academic researchers and VP level individuals
· Experience with Spark or secondary and tertiary workflows.
· History of contributions to open-source bioinformatics tools.
· Experience with bioinformatics workflow languages such as WDL and CWL.
· Broad technology knowledge and capability in solution design and implementation strategies.
· Breadth and depth across multiple technology domains (e.g., compute, storage, networking, data/analytics, ML)
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytical about clinical, genomics, and research business, and technical challenges in healthcare, genomics, and population.
· Track record of leading and driving multiple complex informatics, Genomics and population health analytics initiatives to meet clinical, research, operational and business objectives,
· A customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of the healthcare, genomics, population health and analytics business customer and the flywheel, with a passion for helping them transform using cloud technologies.
· A keen sense of ownership, drive, delivering results and scrappiness is a must.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and clinical/business stakeholders across multiple teams.
· Ability to influence and guide strategic thinking and be perceived as trusted advisor
· Good understanding of how the healthcare industry (both provider and payer) and government health and research organizations operate and the unique characteristics of industry players. Advanced research experience is a plus.
· Passion for cloud technologies – working knowledge and experience in cloud computing, and specifically their application and regulations in healthcare and genomics,
· AWS Certifications: Machine Learning, Big Data or other relevant AWS certifications or hands on experience with AWS services
· Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
· Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
· Intimate knowledge of the healthcare, research and government health value chain and the application of technology to modernize is a plus.
· Knowledge of application development life cycle and cloud application deployments strongly desired.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.