Are you passionate about cloud computing with a special focus on networking and related technologies? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills? Do you like helping customers implement innovative computing solutions and solving technical problems? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a highly motivated networking Specialist Solutions Architect to work with our US based public sector customers to help them successfully leverage the AWS platform to transform their business.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture, and product teams to develop the internal networking expertise needed to deliver results. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, work with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Candidates should be knowledgeable in traditional local- and wide-area network technologies, network overlay/virtualization technologies, and software defined network design patterns. Experience working with customers is required to demonstrate and explain solutions. Customer meetings may include customer roles across developers, IT professionals, managers, and executives. Previous AWS experience is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate is as comfortable white-boarding complex network architectures as implementing complex network configurations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Work with AWS public sector customers to convey cloud computing best practices
· Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying top notch cloud-based solutions
· Provide mentorship across AWS sales and solutions architecture teams regarding networking to build skills in the field
· Represent AWS at trade events by delivering presentations and workshops
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years of experience architecting and implementing enterprise-scale networks
· 5+ years’ experience with network virtualization and/or software defined networks
· 5+ years of highly technical and analytical IT experience
· Deep knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 protocols and standards
· Deep knowledge of layer 2 technologies, including MPLS and Ethernet
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
Preferred Qualifications· A degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
· Practical experience with computer network security
· Experience with large-scale, distributed applications
· Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer, or solutions architect
· Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams
· Experience speaking publicly in front of large audiences
· Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups
· AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
· Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired.