At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects as well creating solution and tools.
This role will primarily focus on leading and helping our customers and partners with design, implementation and integration of solutions using AWS Graph Database – Neptune. Neptune powers graph use cases such as recommendation engines, fraud detection, knowledge graphs, drug discovery, network security, and many more. The candidate will also acquire and apply expert level knowledge with the rest of the AWS NoSQL Services (DynamoDB, Elasticsearch Service, ElasticCache, Timestream and more) . AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about customer success. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
· Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as DynamoDB, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), ElasticCache, S3, ElasticSearch, Neptune, Timestream and more.
· Solution – Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, generating consulting proposals, contributing to internal Area of Depth programs and Technical Field Community, authoring AWS Data Analytics best practice blogs and whitepapers as well as creating packaged data service offerings.
· Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects to architect, design and build customer’s Amazon NoSQL implementations and helping customers to migrate from their existing relational database systems to NoSQL databases.
· Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services, as needed
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
· 5+ years experience in design and implementation of complex distributed systems architectures
· Experience with Property Graphs and Apache TinkerPop, Gremlin, Kryo and others
· Experience working with Resource Description Framework (RDF) and SPARQL
· Experience with graph databases and graph analytics – Neo4j, Titan, Orient DB, Apache Giraph or others
· Experience with a visualization frameworks such as D3.js or Cytoscape
· Experience with non-relational, NoSQL databases and other data analytics applications
· Experience in OLTP and OLAP systems design and performance optimization
· Experience with NonRelational technologies such as Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, Redis
· Experience with RDBMS and SQL
· Current hands-on experience with at least two coding and scripting languages e.g. Python, Java, Scala, Shell Scripting
Preferred Qualifications· Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
· AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
· Industry leadership in the fields of database, Analytics or data sciences
· Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
· Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
· Ability to earn customer trust and influence decision making at the strategic (CxO, VP) and the technical (Architect, Engineer) level
· Knowledge of Graph theory
· Expertise in graph driven data science applications, such as graph based feature engineering, graph embeddings, or graph neural networks
· Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
· Experience consulting for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
· Experience developing innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.