Are you an experienced front end application developer who can assist our customers in delivering breakthrough experiences for their end users? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption? Would you like to enable some of the largest enterprises in the world transform how they design, develop, and launch new products?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented, hands on front end developers to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for our customers. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for hands on developers who are passionate about:
· Helping customers develop scalable applications with rich user experiences
· Working as a technical leader along side customer business, development and infrastructure teams
· Providing deep software development knowledge with respect to front end architecture, UX/UI design, and programming
· Advising and implementing AWS best practices
Amazon aims to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
Basic Qualifications· 8+ years of professional front end development around the user experience.
· Experience with responsive web design.
· Experience developing web services using any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Ruby, Go, .NET or Scala
· Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Ember, Vue.js, Thymeleaf, etc.) and test frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, etc)
· Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent professional experience or military experience.
Preferred Qualifications· Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns.
· Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, MVC, objects, promises)
· Experience with AWS and/or cloud computing
· Agile software development experience
· Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
· Experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
· Good communication and presentation skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.