Excited by using massive amounts of data to develop Machine Learning (ML) and Computer Vision (CV) models at the Edge? Want to help the largest global enterprises derive business value through the adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Eager to learn from many different enterprise use cases with AWS Computer Vision? Thrilled to be key part of Amazon, who has been investing in Machine Learning for decades, pioneering and shaping the world’s AI technology?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are helping large enterprises build CV/ML models for their Edge devices. We are applying Machine Learning to large volumes of image data and against a wide spectrum of problems. Our Professional Services organization works together with our AWS customers to address their business needs using AI.
AWS Professional Services is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on the AI enablement of our customers. If you have experience with AI, including building ML or DL models, we’d like to have you join our team. You will get to work with an innovative company, with great teammates, and have a lot of fun helping our customers.
If you do not live in a market where we have an open Data Scientist position, please feel free to apply. Our Data Scientists can live in any location where we have a Professional Service office.
Major Responsibilities Include
A successful candidate will be a person who enjoys diving deep into data, doing analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions. It will be a person who likes to have fun, loves to learn, and wants to innovate in the world of AI.
• Understand the customer’s business need and guide them to a solution using our AWS Platforms and Frameworks in order to deploy Computer Vision models at the edge.
• Assist customers by being able to deliver a ML / CV project from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models to deliver business impact to the organization.
• Use Deep Learning frameworks like MXNet, Caffe 2, Tensorflow, PyTorch, and Chainer to help our customers build CV models.
• Work with our Professional Services Big Data consultants to analyze, extract, normalize, and label relevant data.
• Work with our Professional Services DevOps consultants to help our customers operationalize models after they are built.
• Assist customers with identifying model drift and retraining models at the edge.
• Research and implement novel ML and CV approaches, including using FPGA.
• This role has a customer facing component. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
Basic Qualifications· A Bachelor or Masters Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis
· Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role and a track record of building CV specific models
· Experience developing, training, and evaluating deep-learning models using public deep learning frameworks (eg, keras, MXNet, PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
· Experience developing, training, and evaluating classical machine learning models using public frameworks (scikit-learn, dlib, numpy, scipy, etc.)
· Experience using Python and/or C++
· Able to write production level code, which is well-written and explainable
· Experience working with GPUs as well as resource constrained devices to deploy models
· Familiarity with using data visualization tools
· Knowledge and experience of NVIDIA Jetson devices
· Past and current experience writing and speaking about complex technical concepts to broad audiences in a simplified format
· Experience giving data presentations
· PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
· 8+ years of industry experience in Computer Vision modeling and analysis
· Programming languages, such as CUDA or C/C++
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
· Consulting experience and track record of helping customers with their AI needs
· Publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences
· Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, & AWS IoT
· Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer’s organization
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.