Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technical manager to coach, grow, and partner with a global team of technically skilled, customer-facing Specialist Solutions Architects in support of Data Sciences, Analytics, and Databases. You will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based technical domain experts and solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, specialized solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity for our specialized services.
As a Specialist Solutions Architect Manager with a strong focus on data sciences, you will lead a global team of focused AWS Specialist Solution Architects and have the opportunity to work directly with AWS product and engineering teams, AWS customers, and partners looking to integrate this service with their products and service offerings. In collaboration with the World-Wide Public Sector Partner and Sales teams, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers and will work closely with the other Specialist SAs to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of AWS for AI, ML, data and analytics, and database services.
The ideal candidate must have deep technical experience working with technologies related to artificial intelligence, machine learning and/or deep learning. A strong mathematics and statistics background is preferred, in addition to experience building complex classification models. You will be familiar with the ecosystem of software vendors in the AI/ML space, and will leverage this knowledge to help AWS customers in their selection process.
You must enjoy learning and introducing new features and technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members maintain and grow their AWS and data science knowledge as well as refine speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as security and compliance, services teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud solutions experts for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
Have a strong understanding of technologies related to artificial intelligence, machine learning and/or deep learning. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a data science Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of Solutions Architects (or technically oriented professional services teams). You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. In fact, it would be expected that you still maintain responsibility supporting customers as a Solutions Architect and can step in where required to provide technical expertise.
Roles and Responsibilities
· As a leader within the Specialist Solutions Architecture management team, you will ensure success in helping customers accelerate their adoption of our specialized services for AI, ML, data and analytics, and database services.
· In partnership with the global WWPS Partner and Sales teams, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives
· Hire, on-board, and enable new data science-focused Specialist Solutions Architects globally from both internal and external sources
· Step into a Specialist Solutions Architect role when required to support our customer base
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
· Guide and motivate the development of artifacts, data sheets, proof of concept best practices, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
· Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
Candidates must have great communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to impress AWS and VMware customers and partners at any level, from executive to developer.
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years in highly technical customer-facing roles
· 5+ years leading and growing global virtual teams
· 5+ years of experience in design/implementation/consulting experience of Machine Learning/AI/Deep Learning solutions
· 5+ years professional experience in software development in languages related to ML like Python or R. Experience working with RESTful API and general service oriented architectures.
· 3+ years of experience with one or more Deep Learning frameworks such as Apache MXNet, TensorFlow, Caffe2, Keras, Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit, Torch and Theanu
· 3+ years of experience of technical architecture, design, deployment and operational level knowledge of AI platforms, standards, protocols and devices
· Experience working with customers in highly regulated industries that have requirements for working with one or more security and compliance regimes (e.g. FedRAMP Moderate, FedRAMP High, DoD SRG, HIPPA, PCI, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications· An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics or previous experience in a similar role is preferred
· AWS Solutions Architecture Certification (Associate or Professional)
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Strong knowledge of information security best practices
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation