SR. SAS ASSURANCE CONSULTANT
The AWS Security Assurance Services (AWS SAS) team works with our largest enterprise customers to address their security and compliance requirements using cloud native technology, while adopting scalable security and risk control measures across their infrastructure. Are you excited by the possibility of using automation and event driven computing to achieve continuous compliance? Do you want to learn how cloud technology is redefining traditional security measures? Are you interested in applying your assessment and advisory skills to workloads that use emerging technologies in new and interesting ways?
At AWS SAS, we are hiring technical cloud security experts with a background in security assessments to lead a variety of customer focused engagements including workshops, assessments and advisory offerings that include architecture and compliance guidance. You will also work with industry and standards bodies to further the creation of security guidance that leverages the advantages of cloud technology. This role will specialize in assessments and advisory work for well-known security frameworks, standards and regulations as well as risk management methodologies.
– Expertise – Work with industry and standards bodies to provide technical expertise on cloud technology. Lead teams to help partners and customers understand the opportunities for cloud technology to handle security and compliance requirements in key market verticals and regulated industries, such as financial services, healthcare, life sciences, and energy.
– Solutions – Scope and lead on-site engagements with partners and customers. This includes leading pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer security and compliance requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings or custom solution engagements.
– Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects leading to architecture or compliance roadmaps, architecture guidance, gap assessments, etc. Engagements will include assessments and reporting on various aspects of a customer’s security and compliance posture.
– Insights – Collaborate with AWS engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
Basic QualificationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
· 10+ years of experience in an IT security audit, assessment, compliance, risk management, or data privacy role
· 8+ years of experience assessing/auditing customers on PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, HITRUST, FedRAMP, FISMA or NIST/DoD frameworks
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Security, Business or equivalent experience required
· Ability to travel to customer sites as needed
Preferred QualificationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· CISSP, CISA, CISM, or PCI-QSA certifications
· Experience validating customers architectures meet industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, and NIST/DoD frameworks
· Experience building common compliance frameworks as well as mapping between different compliance requirements
· Ability to review technical reports and provide risk mitigation solutions from activities such as Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Management, Wi-Fi testing and/or web-based application assessments
· Experience automating assessments in enterprise or cloud environments
· Experience with Managed Service Providers and other entities that handle compliance requirements for multi-tenant and single tenant models
· Experience assessing security controls for ERP and business productivity packages including SAP, Oracle
· Demonstrated breadth of security expertise in various sub domains such as encryption, identity, incident response, etc.
· Hands-on technical expertise in technology automation, implementation, integration, and/or deployment
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Experience with risk assessment methodologies and risk reporting for executive leadership
· Proven background in clearly writing complex technical documents that can be presented across a varied enterprise corporate audience
Most of the roles related to this position can sit in many areas across the country. Travel for the position may vary, depending on where the employee sits in relation to customer demand. Please advise your recruiter if you are open to relocation and if so, what areas you are open to.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation