Do you have a passion for helping public sector customers to innovative and implement transformative IT solutions? Do you have an ability for helping customers to build their understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and ramp a cloud project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has introduced Amazon Connect, a cloud-native fully managed and elastic contact center technology. Amazon Connect brings the same transformation to the world of contact centers as AWS itself brought to the world of IT twelve years ago. This service was built in direct response to feedback from customers and addresses the daily pain points of meeting the high bar of delivering outstanding customer service. It offers a compelling alternative for our customers who today are faced with complex solutions consisting of multiple components, channels and vendors and have to manage long term commitments and overly complex pricing models. With Amazon Connect, our customers enjoy an open solution with simple consumption-based pricing that allows them to build and scale based upon the specific needs of their businesses.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to become a trusted advisor to our customers and internal stakeholders including AWS sales, business development, partner teams, and generalist solutions architects. You will be part of a great team of very supportive people who will help you be successful, but also expect a lot of you. We are looking for people who are self-driven, willing to take ownership of things and see them through, able to earn trust of our customers and their colleagues by consistently delivering on their commitments. And, above all, we are looking for people who share our customer obsession.
This is a highly technical position for someone who can dive deep, build complex, AWS-optimized architectures, and help customers accelerate their adoption of this new AWS service. Your broad responsibilities include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects. You should be as comfortable discussing complex technical details with a room full of engineers as you are briefing an executive audience. In addition, you will engage with other AWS solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex sales opportunities to closure.
**This role can be located anywhere in the US**
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
· Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS and drive deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Conduct training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within the customer to enable them to be cloud advocates
· Inform and influence product roadmaps based upon customer feedback
Basic Qualifications· Experience building integrations across WFM, CRM, Unified Communications, and contact centers
· Working knowledge of popular communications protocols and APIs such as WebRTC and SIP
· 3+ years of customer-facing experience, preferably in the enterprise space
· 5+ years of key roles implementing large-scale technical solutions
· Experience managing projects or complex engagements involving multiple stakeholders
· Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
· Experience developing cloud solutions and passion for getting hands dirty with code (e.g, python, java, c#, .NET, Node.js)
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
· Ability to travel up to 35% of the time, mostly within the region, although some international travel may also be required.
Preferred Qualifications· Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
· Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results.
· An understanding of the cloud computing deployment model as it relates to enterprise productivity.
· Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services.
· Proficiency in automation and configuration management scripting using PowerShell or other languages.
· Experience in implementing large-scale IT projects in Public Sector.