This position can be located virtually near a major airport or at an Amazon office anywhere in the Contiguous United States.
Do you like helping Public Sector organizations implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Would you like to be part of a sales group, but have your opinion valued as a technical resource as part of planning and strategies?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Sr. Solutions Architect to help accelerate the growth of GovCloud within the World-Wide Public-Sector practice. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
As a Sr. Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon CloudFront) directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
As a Sr. Solutions Architect, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership across World Wide Public Sector. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solution architect community. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture. The ideal candidate will have experience working with industry best practices for security, standards and compliance for designing large scale cloud computing solutions.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the following….
· Creating, building, educating, training and designing cloud computing architectures for our Public Sector customers.
· Our company credo: “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” It’s critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers.
· Deep-dive technical discussions around design and an intellectual curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends with experience in the following key areas:
· Executive Speaking and Presentation Skills – White board, small and large group presentations
· Technical – Web Services development/deployment experience, cloud computing
· Operational – Web site/services operations, management, and security
· Economic and business – RFP/Acquisition support; Technical architecture; understanding market trends; cost benefit analysis
· Advisory/Consulting experience
Basic Qualifications· B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent degree and/or experience.
· Minimum 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with enterprise technologies in support of distributed applications.
· Minimum 7 years experience with hands-on technical skills in at least one of the following: Server/OS management; Network management; Cloud migration and deployment; Database and Middleware management; full lifecycle enterprise Software Development; DevOps pipeline build and management; Storage and
· Minimum 7 years experience presenting technical material to both technical and non-technical clients.
· 3+ years of experience with FedRAMP, DOD SRG, ITAR, DFARS and/or other compliance/security regimes germane to AWS GovCloud (US).
Preferred Qualifications· This position can be located virtually near a major airport or at an Amazon office anywhere in the Contiguous United States
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies, security compliance or state of the art architectures (e.g. containers, serverless, data lakes, IoT, ML etc.)
· Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
· AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional)
· Experience migrating or refactoring legacy customer solutions to the cloud
· Public sector experience e.g. Government, Non-Profit, Education, etc.
· An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering, related discipline, or equivalent work experience
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Passion for evangelizing and presenting technical concepts to developers, IT management, business functions and executives
· Ability to become a trusted advisor to AWS customers at any level, from developer to executive
· Experience working effectively across internal and external organizations
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age