Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. An important function within the AWS organization is Platform Business Development, which is a global function centered around market development for new web services and market expansion for existing web services.
AWS is looking for an experienced and motivated technologist with a passion for creating strategies, best practices and solving complex business challenges focusing on the new Outposts offering to focus on Public Sector (DoD, Civ, SLEDs, etc.). Outposts brings native AWS services, infrastructure, and operating models to virtually any data center, co-location space, or on-premises facility. Customers can use the same APIs, the same tools, the same hardware, and the same functionality across on-premises and the cloud to deliver a truly consistent hybrid experience. Outposts can be used to support workloads that need to remain on-premises due to low latency or local data processing needs. AWS Outposts infrastructure is fully managed, maintained, and supported by AWS to deliver access to the latest AWS services.
As a Solutions Architect for Outposts – you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to redefine how customers create, compute, and consume cloud services at a scale not seen before. As a technical expert as part of Business Development, you’ll be at the tip of the spear for technology thought leadership and implementation with major customers across EC2 Outposts Engagements.
Expected travel: 20 -35%
Preferred locations: Virginia, Chicago, Austin, Seattle, San Jose, New York/New Jersey, North Carolina. This position can be remote with close proximity to a major airport or at an Amazon office.
Basic Qualifications· 7+years experience with any of the following virtualization technologies such as VMware, KVM, HyperV, Xen Hypervisor.
· 7+years experience with Linux or Unix infrastructure
· 5+ years experience provisioning Block, Object or File storage
Preferred Qualifications· Progressive experience working with business development, enterprise account management, strategic partnerships, software development and/or program/product teams
· Experience with data center implementations
· Experience with cloud computing and/or related fields (IT, software, etc) including AWS services
· Public Sector Experience
· Experience with machine learning and deep learning software platforms.
· MBA / MS or equivalent relevant business experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Deep understanding of cloud, use cases, architectures, workflow and ecosystem
· Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges
· Deep technical skill in software architecture and cloud computing
· Customer facing skills ideally gained within a partner/consulting organization and have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Meets or exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets or exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age