Are you ready to work with the world’s largest and most innovating Cloud platform? Do you want to join one of the fastest growing companies on the planet? Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Sector is hiring Microsoft specialists to help accelerate adoption of the AWS platform for Microsoft workloads and .NET solutions.
AWS is at the forefront of embracing new ways of doing things, making decisions quickly, and not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a start-up.
The solution architecture community in AWS is seen at the forefront of working with customers to help them make generational changes, in their core development projects and move them to the cloud. As a solution architect it is imperative you can build and develop trust as they make these system and architecture changes. You will be working with some of the largest companies on the planet, to start-ups who are building the next generation of application which have an impact on society.
If you have the ambition and skills to be part of the Solution Architecture Team in AWS we would like to hear from you.
Your broad responsibilities will include:
· As a thought leader, you will help developers understand the how, and why they should develop .NET applications on AWS. You will establish deep and lasting relationships with customers’ .NET development communities and help them understand the value proposition of AWS.
· You will help customers understand best practices for deploying Microsoft technologies on AWS
· You will help developers understand how to deploy.NET applications with a focus on SQL Server on AWS
· You will be a go-to person for all technical .NET Development questions on AWS
· You will need to communicate development ideas, application architecture and demonstrate how customers can migrate their .NET applications to AWS. You will translate On-Premise architectures to Cloud Native architecture running on the Microsoft platform and the .NET framework
· You will be responsible for evangelizing the Microsoft on AWS story, to both the internal AWS communities and externally through blog posts, webinars, events, presentations, white papers
· You will help customers modernize .NET applications to use .NET Core, Serverless technologies, containers, and other cloud-native technologies
· You will directly support account teams in growing market share, and influence revenue growth of Microsoft products on AWS.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Minimum of 5 years enterprise IT application experience that includes at least 2 years of hands-on software development, infrastructure engineering, or systems architecture.
· Developing high quality, enterprise scale software products
· Datacenter migration, especially involving Windows Servers and complex Windows workloads
· You are a passionate technologist who is up to date with the latest Development practices such as CICD, microservices and modern Web architecture.
· Some travel will be required (30%)
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
· Designing or managing a large Active Directory implementation and related core infrastructure
· Designing or managing large business productivity server implementations (SharePoint, Exchange, Skype for Business)
· Designing or managing a large SQL Server implementation
· Knowledge of .NET Programming (C#)
Preferred Qualifications· Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following:
· Managing highly available data center operations with responsibility for infrastructure robustness, including networking, server hardware and storage application, server, and network security
· Knowledge of the AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals.
· MCSA, MCSD, and/or MCSE
· AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate / Professional Certification(s)
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age