Are you excited to help the global public sector customers to leverage the cloud to drive value from their data? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand storage architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Eager to learn from many diverse customer uses cases? Come join us!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Storage Specialist Solutions Architect to guide our customers on data storage best practices and to help shape the future growth of our storage services. As a storage Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will be an authority on architectures that leverage AWS services to increase availability and drive down costs for our customers.
In this role, you will partner closely with the AWS storage service teams and worldwide public sector sales teams to enable large-scale customer use cases and to help drive the adoption of AWS storage services. Thought leadership plays an important part in this role as you look for new ways to maximize value for our customers by establishing best practices and proposing enhancements and features for our storage services. As our portfolio of storage services continues to grow, you will leverage your passion for learning to come up to speed quickly. As an SME, you will be called upon frequently to present to customers and other AWS teams. To help our field teams understand how to integrate AWS storage options into customer architectures, you will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Enable the AWS solutions architecture community to design cost-optimized, secure, scalable, storage architectures
· Help AWS customers adopt well-architected storage solutions
· Build technical trusted advisor relationships with internal and external customers
· Refine best practices around storage services and solutions
· Influence service roadmaps by identifying customer trends
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years architecture experience with storage solutions
· Experience with enterprise IT storage architectures and how they integrate into large-scale production applications
· Experience with advanced storage technologies such as replication, high availability, archiving, backup & restore, and disaster recovery/business continuity
· Experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux scripting and system configuration
· Technical degree required
Preferred Qualifications· Professional experience architecting/operating cloud solutions
· Understanding of AWS Storage Services such as S3, Glacier, Elastic File System (EFS), AWS Storage Gateway (SGW), FSx, Data Sync, and Snowball. Use of AWS in production a plus.
· Understanding of networking as it related to complex storage architectures
· Technical enablement experience through content creation and speaking engagements
· Comfortable presenting to large audiences
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation