Do you have a passion for Healthcare? Are you excited about helping not-for-profit (NPO) healthcare providers implement innovative cloud computing solutions to analyze and understand the vast amount of information they need to serve their patients? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand how data becomes information, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Are you familiar with security best practices for large scale data repositories, and the analytical tools that help them access them? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform for healthcare? Would you like to be part of a sales group, but have your opinion valued as a technical resource as part of planning and strategies?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Sr. Solutions Architect with expertise in large-scale data and analytics to help accelerate our growing NPO healthcare provider business as part of the World Wide Public Sector practice. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
As a Sr. Specialist Solutions Architect for Healthcare Informatics and Analytics within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon CloudFront) directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on data lakes and analytics as it relates to customer applications and services.
As a Sr. Solution Architect, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to the NPO healthcare markets for cloud computing working with a world class sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solution architect community. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture. The ideal candidate will have experience working with healthcare industry best practices for security, standards, and compliance for designing large scale cloud computing solutions.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the following….
· Creating, building, educating, training and designing cloud computing architectures.
· Our company credo: “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” It’s critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers.
· Deep-dive technical discussions around design and an intellectual curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends
with experience in the following key areas:
· Executive Speaking and Presentation Skills – White board, small and large group presentations
· Technical – Web Services development/deployment experience, cloud computing
· Operational – Web site/services operations, management, and security
· Economic and business – RFP/Acquisition support; Technical architecture; understanding market trends; cost benefit analysis
· Advisory/Consulting experience with NPO healthcare organizations
Basic Qualifications· Minimum of 10 years software development, design architecture and implementation experience
· Expertise in data structures and approaches
· Understanding of how businesses can successfully employ data storage and analytics tools to drive improved business outcomes
· Experience in large-scale data migrations between platforms
· Prior experience in the Healthcare industry.
· Willingness to travel up to 30% to support customers throughout the United States.
Preferred Qualifications· Experience working in or with US-based not-for-profit healthcare providers
· Experience with HIPAA regulatory considerations
· Knowledge of AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
· Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale data lakes, warehouses, or repositories using a structured system development lifecycle
· Experience planning and delivering large-scale data repository migrations or implementations from architecture through to operation
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation