Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help Education customers and partners use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost?
Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, working with teams through high impact projects using the newest AWS technology?
Would you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights on maximizing the value of cloud computing technologies?
At AWS, we’re hiring Technical Cloud Consultants to help our customers and partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery.
· Expertise – Collaborate with customers to use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon DynamoDB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
· Solutions – Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with customers. This includes participating in on-site visits with prospective customers, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
· Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
· Insights – Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
Consultants travel 25-50% (as needed) to customer sites in the US. Travel is regional when possible.
Basic Qualifications· BS technical degree in Computer Science, Math, etc. or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of IT experience
· 3+ years of customer facing experience (internal or external)
· Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
· Experience with SDLC and agile/iterative methodologies
· Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (i.e., security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.)
· Experience with DevOps, Security and/or Big Data
· Experience implementing AWS or other cloud services in a variety of distributed computing environments
· Experience with the integration of AWS or other cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
· Experience with Internet-related business models
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.