Technical program manager sought to drive delivery of thrilling wired and wireless connectivity experiences for Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers at AWS events worldwide, including re:Invent, re:Inforce and Global Summits.
This role is part of an Events Technology Operations team delivering customer-delighting connectivity experiences that are both resilient and scalable. You will be responsible for delivering a complete solution for AWS Events, including: software, hardware, networking, and devices. You’ll have a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing team with high visibility both with customers and internal executives.
Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated success in wired and wireless network operational delivery utilizing internal and external technical resources to provide world-class customer experiences. They will have experience partnering with a diverse set of internal stakeholders as well as managing vendors. They will have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate across all organizational ranks and groups.
· Partner with internal marketing and engineering teams to understand network requirements for a variety of event types
· Develop and execute on-brand network delivery programs that amaze customers and elevate the AWS event experience
· Proactively identify risks, issues and bottlenecks while managing delivery of event network systems across multiple teams and organizations
· Improve experience through ongoing process and technology evaluations as well as regular communications with internal partners
· Manage delivery of third-party services and products, including measuring individual vendor performance and holding teams accountable
· Travel up to 25% to provide on-site operational oversight
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years in network operational delivery or program/ management
Preferred Qualifications· Demonstrated ability to scope and execute projects to strict deadlines while dealing with ambiguity
· Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data and metrics to communicate solutions to business and technical problems
· Understanding of temporary network deployments, including trends, challenges, top technology solutions and workloads, leading technology vendors and partners, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or relevant field of study.
· CCNA or equivalent certification, or ability to acquire within 6 months of hire
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to details
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.