Do you want to create the next generation data systems that can handle billions of dollars in transactions? Interested to build highly scalable next generation systems that could utilize Amazon Cloud?
Massive data volume + complex business rules in a highly distributed and service oriented architecture = a world class information collection and delivery challenge. Our challenge is to deliver the software systems which accurately capture, process, and report on the huge volume of financial and operational transactions that are generated each day as millions of customers make purchases, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, as our associates receive, pick, pack and ship to our customers worldwide
Amazon’s North American Customer Fulfillment (NACF) organization fulfills customer orders throughout Canada and the United States leveraging the hard work of thousands of our associates and our robotics technologies. As a Business Intelligence Engineer with NACF Fulfillment, you will help identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve Operations and Finance facing systems and tools. You will be responsible for modeling complex/abstract problems and discovering insights through the use of statistical, data mining and visualization techniques. Further, you will help automate processes by developing deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards to communicate these insights in real time to the business teams. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with internal end-users, cross-functional software development teams, and technical support/sustaining engineering teams to solve problems, and implement new solutions.
The complexity of research and skills for this role is well beyond basic data entry and research. It involves complex analysis and diving deep into key metrics based on requests, building and maintaining multiple databases, knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages.
The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data wrangling) and have a demonstrated ability to quickly translate business requirements into technical solutions. The candidate will need to be a self-starter and team player, demonstrate exemplary communication skills and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
The following provides some detail of the job duties and responsibilities.
· Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
· Manipulate/mine data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL) using SQL.
· Develop analytical tools: deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards
· Perform deep-dives and root cause analysis to answer business questions
· Effectively communicate (written and verbal) solutions and methodologies to senior leadership
· Work with engineering teams to enable the appropriate capture and storage of data.
Basic Qualifications· BA/BS degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field
· 3+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning or advanced degree
· Experience building self-service reporting solutions using business intelligence software
· Advanced experience with SQL and ETL jobs
· Advanced experience working with data warehousing, data quality
· Recent experience applying visualization tools such as, Power BI, AWS QuickSight
· Recent experience implementing basic software solutions to automate data source, visualization and/or data modeling applications
Preferred Qualifications· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
· Experience with BI analytics/ reporting/visualization tools (preferably Power BI)
· Experience with AWS Redshift, S3, EDX, Quicksight
· Familiarity with supply chain management concepts – forecasting, planning, optimization, and logistics – gained through work experience or graduate level education
· Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
· Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Ability to solve complex problems quantitatively and develop clear, data-driven business recommendations
· Experience leading cross-functional projects with business and technical teams
· Organizational skill and an operations mindset
· An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age