The vision of Workforce Intelligence is to design the ideal workforce to meet the customer promise anywhere. This organization leads and influences global workforce strategies that enable Amazon to scale more efficiently while also providing a unique voice for the hourly workforce. This is accomplished through a variety of science driven initiatives, KPI analysis and reporting, predictive modeling, and data engineering. Amazon’s mission is to be the most customer centric company in the world and Workforce Staffing, the organization responsible for hourly associate hiring globally, is on the front lines of that mission and will be your core customer in this role.
As a Data Engineer in the Workforce Intellignce team, you should be an expert in the architecture of DW solutions for the Enterprise using multiple platforms. You should excel in the design, creation, management, and business use of large and complex datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business analysts and engineers to determine how best to design the data warehouse for reporting and analytics. You will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable ETL processes in the data warehouse platform to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data, and use it to deliver the data as service which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making. You should have the ability to develop and tune SQL to provide optimized solutions to the business.
Key Responsibilities Include:
– Building and migrating the complex ETL pipelines into Redshift cluster
– Optimizing the performance of business-critical queries and dealing with ETL job-related issues
– Gather and understand data requirements, work in the team to achieve high quality data ingestion and build systems that can process the data, transform the data
– Designing, implementing and supporting a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large data-sets
– Modeling data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
– Earn the trust of your customers by continuing to constantly obsess over their needs and helping them solve their problems by leveraging technology
– Manage business critical initiatives to enforce standard work and reduce waste
Basic Qualifications· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 5+ years industry experience
· Experience in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, etc.
· Experience in Python and/or other data ingestion languages and tools
Preferred Qualifications· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
· Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
· Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
· Experience with AWS Tools and Technologies (S3, EC2, Data Pipeline etc.) Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.