Opportunities are located throughout the USA.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and dependable people. Amazon is seeking Transportation Area Managers to work throughout the United States. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute over a billion shipments each year to our loyal customers.
Four key areas that you’ll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department.
• Collaborate with Sort/Fulfillment Center Leadership on quality and Customer Experience metrics, including the root cause analysis of problem areas
• Streamline logistics in the operation through the implementation of standard work and team leadership
• Support and commit to all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
• Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
You and your team of Transportation Associates are responsible for Amazon customers receiving their orders. You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people, and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs. In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at internet speed……innovation has made us the global company that we are today.
Amazon offers competitive packages, growth potential and a challenging and inclusive work environment.
Basic Qualifications• A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
• Direct management experience for employees and their performance
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
• Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
Preferred Qualifications• Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus
• 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
• Management of a minimum of 30 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
• Lean process, Kaizen, Six Sigma, process improvement experience
• Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age