With over 90 million users, 90 million reviews, and 2.6 billion books, Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. Founded in 2007, Goodreads is a Top 100 web destination where readers find and share books they love. Loved by avid and casual readers alike, Goodreads members can discover new books by seeing what their friends are reading or by using the Goodreads Book Recommendation Engine, share ratings and recommendations, track what they have read, and list what they want to read. Goodreads is also a place where more than 100,000 authors connect with readers. Goodreads is a subsidiary of Amazon, Inc.
As part of the Goodreads iOS team, you will have a unique opportunity to make a big impact and see your work used and appreciated by millions of users. You will work with talented engineers in a great working environment with lots of learning opportunities.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer on Goodreads iOS team , you will:
1. Be a key player in the iOS team and bring flexibility, speed and quality to the team
2. You deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
3. You propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire mobile team for development.
4. You mentor team members to promote engineering excellence.
5. Partner with Android and Web teams to elevate the overall Goodreads mobile experience
6. Work with Service teams to develop and improve API calls
7. Work in a fast-paced environment where releases are done every 4-6 weeks.
You are the ideal candidate if you are equally comfortable writing code and defining technical architecture. You must have a deep understanding of iOS platform, service-oriented architecture, and application design, as well as flexibility and a passion for learning new skills. The successful candidate will thrive in a culture of experimentation and innovation, but also have a proven track record of delivering results to solve challenging problems.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state and federal laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree
· 8+ years professional experience in software development
· 5+ years professional experience developing native iOS apps
Preferred Qualifications· Expertise in Objective-C, Swift, and related technologies
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis, OO design skills
· Published app in iOS App Store
· Experience developing high quality, large-scale consumer applications.
· Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
· Experience with TDD and testing frameworks such as KIF, Cedar, XCTest, OCMock
· Experience developing an API (OAuth, XML, JSON, REST) etc.
· Masters Degree in Computer Science or related degree