Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Principal Engineer to join our team of talented software engineers to work on Amazon’s powerful continuous delivery and deployment systems.
AWS CodePipeline and AWS CodeDeploy allow developers to model, visualize, and automate their entire software release process. As a Principal Engineer, you will lead the technical direction for CodePipeline and CodeDeploy by shaping the direction of both products and impacting the way that software is released across the industry. You will work with remarkable engineers, business leaders and other talented engineering teams while you design, architect, and code robust and stable solutions. As an organizational leader, you will own every aspect of the products, from the UI and external APIs down to the backend services.
If you have what we’re looking for, then come and join a strong team in a highly visible organization. You will have a significant impact on Amazon’s massively distributed software development environment and help us to build the best continuous deployment and fleet management system in the world.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· 10+ years of software development experience
· A demonstrated track record of providing technical leadership to large software development organizations
· Experience with programming languages such as Java or Go
· Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and systems design
· Familiarity with agile methodologies and driving complex projects across teams
· Attention to detail, and the ability to pick up new tools and technologies quickly
· Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach junior engineers effectively
· A track record of partnering effectively with executive leadership to make complex engineering tradeoffs
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
· Demonstrated ability to design, deliver, and operate a complex distributed system
· Broad subject matter expertise in developer tools, including an understanding of the products and tools that are typically used to take software and infrastructure from code to production
· High level understanding of Continuous Delivery best practices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.