Are you passionate about Cloud technology? Are you motivated to drive innovation? Do you like networking technologies? Does the idea of working with AWS on new software solutions to ease the use of AWS technologies in Amazon sound exciting to you? Then this role might be perfect for you. The CCR (Continuous Cloud Rearchitecture) team is looking for a very senior software developer to play a critical role in developing new network technologies that will help drive the continuous adoption of AWS technology at Amazon.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work across the entire company. You will work directly with partners and stakeholders on next generation of networking technologies that will enable faster adoption of the latest AWS offerings. You will ensure that AWS services meet the evolving needs of enterprises at the largest scale.
You will have the opportunity to build and expand our Center of Excellence for AWS usage at Amazon. As a Principal Engineer, you will develop new networking technologies that integrate into the development lifecycle and ease the adoption of EC2, ECS Fargate, Lambda and other technologies. This role is unique to Amazon and offers excellent career opportunities across multiple domains.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience designing large-scale company-wide initiatives. You will need to be very good at dealing with ambiguity and driving to clarity, while working in a fast pace team. The ideal candidate will also need to have strong architectural skills.
Basic Qualifications· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
· 12+ years of Software Development experience;
· Proven track record of building large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality distributed systems and software products
· Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP)
· Software development experience in Linux, Java,C++, C#, AWS, S3,
· Experience with Kernel level development and debugging.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Preferred Qualifications· A desire to contribute to an environment where everyone wants to work hard, have fun, and to make history.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
· Deep hands-on technical expertise
· Strong business and technical vision
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.