The Regional EHS Manager will be responsible for providing EHS support to Delivery Stations within their region to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. A successful Regional EHS Manager will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
The Regional EHS Manager will manage a wide range of EHS responsibilities, including liaising with Global EHS Leaders, Regional Operations Leaders, Learning Coordinators and other critical support functions such as Security, Operations, Engineering, Training and site launch teams. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who has a strong EHS background and leadership skills. To fulfill compliance and risk mitigation responsibilities, this role partners closely with internal cross-functional stakeholders to communicate, secure, support and inform the business of EHS compliance risks. The Regional EHS Manager must have excellent communication skills, strong environmental and OSHA regulatory knowledge, and demonstrated success in driving change and large scale initiatives to improve the safety compliance and culture within their region.
The Regional EHS Manager will be responsible for managing sub-regional EHS leaders while supporting multiple locations. You will create and execute leadership development plans for your sub-regional EHS leaders, communication safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to develop and maintain strong EHS professionals.
· Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon EHS Policies.
· Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in EHS policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
· Analyze EHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
· Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site.
· Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
· Audit record-keeping practices and Gensuite entries to be aligned with global safety standards and local regulations.
· Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
· Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
· Provides on-site support to AMZL sites, helping to the leadership team develop a strong EHS culture and maintain compliance with all applicable local, state and federal requirements.
· Prioritize and manage multiple technically complex assignments concurrently.
· Monitor all assessment, survey, and operational data and perform ongoing needs analysis
· Build collaborative relationships with various stakeholders to ensure risks are identified early and managed appropriately.
· The role will require up to 50% travel
Basic QualificationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s Degree in organizational design, safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required
· 5+ years of growing responsibilities in EHS, Safety and/or Environmental Programs, specifically experience with EPA, OSHA, and DOT
· Broad knowledge of US safety and environmental regulations and programs
· Experience leading change in multiple site environments and the ability to influence those that are not direct reports or within your organization
· Experience leading multiple direct reports
· Excellent organizational and project management skills
· Strong interpersonal skills: excellent communication skills, strong relationship builder, solid influencing and negotiation skills, and the ability to coach at multiple levels
· Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Windows Operating Systems
· Ability to travel up to 50%
Preferred QualificationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with senior leaders inside and outside the company
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation