Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for a Regional Maintenance Manager!
Amazon is a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since our start in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Our focus on the customer and innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more types of products, more conveniently, and at even lower prices. We are seeking a dynamic, organized self-starter to be a Regional Maintenance Manager (RMM) to join our corporate-based engineering team. The team is comprised of Regional Maintenance Managers reporting to the Facilities Maintenance Director, to manage and lead the Maintenance Managers and Area Maintenance Managers (Shift Supervisors). The primary responsibility is to maximize equipment uptime, execute equipment maintenance and projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced subject matter expert in facilities maintenance, workplace safety, and data driven management and leadership. A background in MHE systems/applications, packaging automation, distribution processes and storage systems is a plus. The candidate must be a self-starter, possessing the ability to manage multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously as well as be able to influence, and develop relationships at all organization levels. The candidate must be capable of overseeing the maintenance acceptance of part of commissioning large-scale, complex projects. Moreover, this individual will need to be adept at providing technical leadership and mentoring to facilities maintenance leadership.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Provide leadership, mentor and manage field-based Facilities Managers in the expansion and continuous improvement of Amazon’s North American Fulfillment Network.
• Drive maintenance Best Practices: Innovate, document, improve work methods, standardize, provide a safe work environment and require safe work practices, train, commission equipment, collect, measure, and analyze key performance indicators to improve processes and improve Amazon customers experience.
• Offer guidance to senior leadership on maintenance and equipment end of life (EOL) issues using ROI, and other analytical techniques.
• Provide oversight for budget development and execution, and capital planning.
• Help manage vendor support and equipment relationships and leverage Amazon’s network size to maximize economies of scale.
• Provide frequent on-site monitoring, auditing and enforcement of maintenance execution, safe work practices, and institute and audit training drills across the network.
• Leverage the entire maintenance team for the benefit of the North American network.
• Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing.
• Provide Fulfillment Center General Managers with visibility over facilities manager responsibilities so that they can better understand, lead, mentor, and manage FMs.
• Recruit, interview, and hire bar raising talent in the Facilities Maintenance and Facilities Area Manager roles.
• Help create a world-class facilities maintenance organization.
• Be willing and able to relocate for the needs of Amazon.
• Ability to travel up to 80%
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications
• BS in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or BS/BA with 4+ years experience in maintenance or 2+ years Amazon experience
• Previous corporate and/or regional facilities roles leading 250 or more employees including salaried employees
• Experience leading change in a multiple site environments
• 7+ years experience managing employees and their performance
Preferred Qualifications• Strong communication, teambuilding, and influencing skills
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with high expectations
• Thinks big! Proficient data analyst and new processes developer/adapter
• Self-starter. Strong evidence of driving goals with minimal day-to-day supervision.
• Experienced in material handling equipment and large, complex integrated systems maintenance with strong statistical analysis skills
• Strong knowledge and experience with the major MHE integrators
• Exposure to Lean Concepts, TOC, layout design, cost/benefit analysis, labor productivity analysis (time studies, standardized work), safety/ergonomic/human factors.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, and SQL
• MBA or other Masters degree and/or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification a plus
• Professional Engineering registration a plus