Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our team of talented software engineers to work on Amazon’s powerful continuous delivery and deployment systems.
AWS CodePipeline and AWS CodeDeploy allow developers to model, visualize, and automate their entire software release process. As a senior engineer on the team, you will influence the technical direction for CodePipeline and CodeDeploy by designing and developing features that impact the way that software gets released to millions of customers. You will work with remarkable engineers, business leaders and other talented engineering teams while you design, architect, and code robust and stable solutions. As a leader on the team, you will own every aspect of the products, from the UI and external APIs down to the backend services.
If you have what we’re looking for, then come and join a strong team in a highly visible organization. You will have a significant impact on Amazon’s massively distributed software development environment and help us to build the best continuous deployment and fleet management system in the world.
Basic Qualifications· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· 7+ years of software development experience
· A demonstrated track record of providing technical leadership to software development teams and organizations
· Experience with programming languages such as Java or Go
· Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and systems design
· Familiarity with agile methodologies and driving complex projects across teams
· Attention to detail, and the ability to pick up new tools and technologies quickly
· Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach junior engineers effectively
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
· Demonstrated ability to design, deliver, and operate a complex distributed system
· Broad subject matter expertise in developer tools, including an understanding of the products and tools that are typically used to take software and infrastructure from code to production
· High level understanding of Continuous Delivery best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.