Seeking a technical visionary as a Senior SW Engineer who will help create our Road Map, determine our technical direction, and lead experimentation to see what works.
Leading a small team working in rapid prototyping and ideation, you will drive discovery, build and implement small experiments. Working with groups such as NLU, Machine Learning and Animation systems, your design will eventually move the project to scalable E2E architecture.
As the Senior Engineer on the team, you will be a combination Architect, Dev Lead and Principle Engineer. And as a key member of the team, your deep experience in software development, data structures, SOA and cutting edge technologies will be key to our success. Your initial focus will be in defining solutions, creating prototypes and later in the product cycle, coding them and releasing them into production. As part of this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work across many groups, working with from natural language processing, to machine learning, to advance animation systems and more.
This job will challenge you on various fronts – you’ll need to have the ability to understand what it takes to launch large scale services and features that involve multiple teams. You will solve technical challenges in optimization, large-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications, scalability, security, and algorithms just to name a few.
You will have direct ownership over the design and architecture of new components aimed at creating new shopping experiences. We care about both delighting customers and high quality software; we don’t sacrifice one for the other. We’re looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of highly-scalable, global software solutions. In addition to this, you’ll need to be able to influence and deliver exceptional user experiences across multiple platforms including mobile, living room devices, and the web.
In this role, you will:
· Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
· Lead cross functional development on new technology from design through delivery
· Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
· Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
Basic Qualifications· 6 or more years of experience in software development
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience
· Experience with object oriented programming – Java, C++, C#, or C
Preferred Qualifications· Experience in rapid iteration
· A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms
· Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
· Technical leadership, solution architecture
· Excellent written and verbal communication