Join the team that builds the technology that makes the magic of Amazon happen for hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Positions located in: US Remote/Virtual; Seattle, WA; Bellevue, WA; Austin, TX; San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Cupertino, CA; Irvine, CA; Boulder, CO; Goodyear, AZ; Nashville, TN; New York, NY; North Reading, MA; Westborough, MA; Tempe, AZ)
Amazon’s Operations Technology teams are the technical engines that support Amazon’s mission of being Earth’s most customer-centric company. We build the software and services that touch every Amazon customer globally and innovate solutions for logistics, supply chain optimization, and transportation.
As a senior member of our engineering team, you will own:
– The full stack technology and drive the technical direction
– You will be solving complex problems, and working on difficult challenges in software engineering as the scale and suite of our services grow
– You will work with key stake holders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
– You will lead cross functional development of new technology from design to deployment
We are seeking Senior/Lead Software Development Engineers to join a variety of teams:
FULFILLMENT and ROBOTICS
We solve complex problems and invent for almost every aspect of fulfillment. We work with ambiguity and large problems, and work in a startup-like environment. Our robotics teams around the world are driving improvements in the safety and autonomy of our worldwide operations. We re-imagine what now looks like.
TRANSPORTATION and DELIVERY
We exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. We strive to innovate and provide best-in-class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new designs, products and services. (i.e. Prime Air, Last Mile, Amazon Flex, Delivery Service Partners)
We build and support the technology tools that Amazon businesses use to deliver packages into the hands of our customers. Our technology is used by multiple businesses and product lines within Amazon. We leverage company-wide technology solutions or design them from the ground up. (i.e. Amazon Scout)
We streamline our processes utilizing the latest applications in science, machine learning, and scalable distributed software on the cloud. We optimize inventory and shipments under the ever-changing landscape of demand, pricing and supply.
Basic Qualifications· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software developer with experience as a Senior Engineer leading teams in an agile environment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Preferred Qualifications· Completed Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
· Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and create innovative solutions regularly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.