The Open Source Amplify Framework team is continuously innovating and expanding our mobile and web framework to enable developers to quickly build, deploy, and manage native, web, and hybrid apps. By leveraging our services, developers are able to easily deliver rich cloud-enabled experiences to their customers by integrating a broad range of AWS services into their apps including voice & chat capabilities, user engagement, analytics, push notifications, cloud storage, NoSQL databases, GraphQL, online/offline data synchronization and serverless business logic.
The Open Source Amplify Framework is currently being used by tens of thousands of developers and thousands of mobile apps. We also have a vibrant open source community on GitHub with contributors across the world. We need to grow in order to meet demand for our services, support customers in open source, and to build new features for our customers. We have exciting new projects that will continue to simplify and speed the creation and management of cloud-enabled apps. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is working to change the mobile and web industry; we are moving from a Mobile First to a Mobile Only world where we aim to enable millions of people to enrich their experience with everyday mobile experiences that become smarter over time, help them live a healthier lifestyle, and have meaningful and real time interactions with services providers, public services, and their workplaces.
We are looking for a highly technical Senior Solution Architect who is passionate about creating software and supporting customers in open source. This role would work directly with developers, mostly via GitHub, and other social channels, by building POCs, debugging customer issues, and influencing the engineering roadmap based on customer feedback. A commitment to team work, initiative, and strong communication skills are a must. A deep understanding of reliable, scalable, and high performance product requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and Front-End technologies, and practical experience building scalable mobile and web applications. This person thrives on delivering high quality technology solutions in open source and in an environment where priorities shift fast to meet the changing needs of our customers.
As a member of the team, you will:
· Work closely with the open source community on GitHub by debugging and delivering solutions
· Influence technical strategy and roadmap based on open source issues opened by customers
· Drive team discussions on roadmap based on customer feedback
· Assist in testing and validating engineering stories and fixes for customers
Basic Qualifications· BA in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
· Experience working remote (if virtual) in a team environment
· High degree of experience in core fundamentals of building front-end mobile and web applications, and delivering them at scale.
· Strong social and communication skills
· Experience working in open source projects
Preferred Qualifications· Experience programming applications backed by AWS services
· Experience building apps for iOS and/or Android
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Project execution skills including estimating and executing on committed schedules
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.