Are you passionate about building highly available, large scale software systems? Does it excite you to find patterns and build generic, composable software solutions to solve complex problems? Does the prospect of working with the top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology is for you!
Amazon Finance Technology team is seeking outstanding Software Development Engineers to build a brand new system for Financial Allocation. We will leverage state of the art technologies to perform allocation related computation in seconds as opposed to hours taken by the existing systems. We will also build complete traceability for our customers to drill down from the output produced by our system to the input to our system. Our solution will work as a single allocation engine across Amazon. Our customers include Amazon’s internal and external financial community across the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned engineer who would like to work virtually. In this position, you will play a leading role in architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale critical and complex financial applications. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. You will work across Amazon engineering teams and business teams across the globe in planning, designing, executing and implementing this new platform across multiple geographies.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of software development experience with Java, Python, Ruby, or C#/C++
· Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
· Be able to deal with ambiguity and independently drive, design, and implement large scale software solution
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
Preferred Qualifications· Expertise in Java
· Experience with large scale distributed systems
· Experience with Amazon Web Services
· Experience with Hadoop ecosystem
· Experience building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment