Are you passionate about open source? Do you want to make app development better for millions of native mobile developers? This is a unique opportunity to join us and lead an Amplify Framework engineering team. The Amplify Framework (https://aws-amplify.github.io/) was launched in November 2017 and has quickly gained popularity within the industry. Adoption and usage of the framework has also grown rapidly but it is still Day 1 for the team and for our product with an extensive set of new capabilities scheduled for delivery in 2019.
The Amplify Framework is a collection of open source libraries and tools that enable developers to create mobile and web apps on AWS. Amplify codifies best practices through programmatic interfaces to help developers effortlessly interact with AWS services. More info about our design principles can be found at: https://github.com/aws-amplify/aws-sdk-android and https://github.com/aws-amplify/aws-sdk-ios.
The right candidate for this role will be passionate about building open source software and must have a strong background in open source practices and operations. The ideal candidate will have experience working within the native development ecosystem.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years of experience working on open source software projects including knowledge of OSS best practices and operations. E.g.: Managing community issues and pull requests on GitHub at scale.
· 2+ years of experience leading engineering teams building software preferably with Swift, Objective-C and Java.
· 2+ years of experience building mobile and web apps using AWS services. AWS Amplify provides access to almost all AWS services via a declarative programming model so knowledge of the services and how front-end developers interact with them is key.
· 3+ years of experience with Agile software development practices including story management and velocity tracking, and point measuring.
· Proven track record delivering high quality software on time
Preferred Qualifications· Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
· Experience in communicating with customers, other technical stakeholders, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
· Excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
· Keen interest in staying current with the latest trends and techniques in the industry
· Demonstrated passion for people leadership, management and mentoring
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation