The Amazon Music Team is looking for a highly motivated Sr. Front-End Engineer to help define and advance products and experiences delivered as part of Amazon Music’s vision. You will be part of a small and nimble team dedicated to proving, advancing, evolving, and guiding multi-model UX concept development through a range of prototypes and hands-on product work.
As Sr. Front-End Engineer, you will work with Product Management, Research, and the Design team to help define and prototype front-end customer experiences and new technical approaches that may include back-end services, working with data, or emerging technologies. Your work will be used to demonstrate and evaluate UX concepts and be a reference for engineering partners. You will work quickly, choosing the right technology for the task at hand, to flesh out design concepts (interaction, visual and motion). You will be asked to cleverly hack your way around platform limitations, tinker with concepts, think creatively in code and deliver quickly, iteratively and collaboratively within a design studio environment.
This position requires the ability to dive deep, invent, and be relentlessly curious about customer needs and how we can bring potential solutions to life. You will validate customer experience concepts at a variety of fidelities, including working samples and reference code, throughout the design process. You are well-versed in a mix of development and prototyping platforms and tools, and will select the best and most appropriate platform for the task. You are highly motivated to explore new opportunities the team uncovers. You may be a maker or hacker who loves the process of exploring, collaborating, and learning as much as the final product.
On our team, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact customer and developer experiences and help develop a new business. Work hard, have fun, and make history in this ground-breaking entertainment domain. The ideal candidate actively seeks to learn, prototypes and makes reversible decisions quickly, and has high judgment and design sense.
Join us to make music a part of every aspect of their life for Amazon Music customers.
· Actively participate in concept development and build high-quality, functional prototypes that convey, prove, and advance the vision of our future applications
· Collaborate with design leadership and key stakeholders from concept through shipping
· Work with designers, product managers, management, internal business partners and other subject matter experts
· Advance design thinking through your knowledge of platform capabilities and limitations as you support your design team and work with partner engineering teams
· Be able to work creatively through and around perceived limitations and/or challenges imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers
· Evaluate and document any new creative and/or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work.
Basic Qualifications· Experience with object-oriented design
· Strong experience and passion for developing visually polished, engaging, and highly fluid user interfaces
· 5+ years of experience as a creative technologist or front-end developer building prototypes to advance design thinking and the final product experience
· A portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating industry leading user-centered design solutions across multiple product categories and domains
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional background in interactive/user experience
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
Preferred Qualifications· Willingness to work with and advance internal authoring tools
· Understanding of broadcast/motion design, color theory, typography, composition and iconography a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users
· Familiarity with or passion for voice user interface (VUI) design best practices
· Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness, including strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.